Tuesday 14 September 2010

Levonorgestrel

Hello everyone!
Just last Thursday was our English class Dr. Valenzuela tell us about his research on the levonorgestrel, a pill that is used as emergency contraception, and when they should be used, among other things.
In relation whit the presentation of Dr. Valenzuela, I didn`t like it because Dr. Valenzuela was too slow to speak and very monotonous. When we have English classes (after lunch and traveled on the subway to the faculty is quite tiring). I think that classes should be more interactive and motivating. To be honest I was bored a bit.
Well, as I study midwifery, and my friends ask me many things about methods of contraception, I have informed about different methods of contraception that is why I had knowledge of levonorgestrel, so I did not find difficult to understand the research work done emergency contraceptive. Dr. Valenzuela explained about the functioning of this pill. The levornorgetrel or also known as "morning-after pill" is taken when a woman has had sex without any protection. This pill must be taken the next day after having sex.
The dilemma is that if this pill is abortion or not. From my point of view, pregnancy occurs when the egg is implanted in the uterus, because the majority of abortions occur for a non-implantation of the egg in the uterus. Levonorgestrel does not allow the implantation of the egg in the uterus, which is why from my point of view it is not abortive.

Well, this was my assessment as to the presentation of Dr. Valenzuela.

See you next class.
And have a nice September 18

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I agree with you in that Levonorgestrel is not abortive, but I think if abortion is not considered, could bring problems and risk behaviors that would arise and perhaps would emerge over the abuse of this drug.

    See you, Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Camila,

    I´m sorry you didn´t enjoy the talk. But I appreciate your honesty. Anyway, I suppose that being a future midwife this issue needs to be approached from different viewpoints.

    Cheers,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comments:
    -TOLD US

    GOOD COMMENT
    LICI

    ReplyDelete